This project was a commissioned paintings order from Project Self-Sufficiency. Each year, they give the board members a gift when they retire. I’ve been honored to create paintings for this for the past two years. Project Self-Sufficiency is near and dear to my heart and I love being able to create art for them as a way to express my appreciation for the things that program helped me do!
These are 8×10 canvasses and I used acrylic paint.
This was probably one of my favorite creations so far. Using free standing lace embroidery and beaded flowers, I created a colorful array of flowers and insects. The mask itself is painted with Culture Hustle Black 3.0, which I love using in many of my creations. This is titled “The Efflorescence”.
This is a 30″ x 40″ stretched canvas painted with acrylics. I really like the blue sky, it makes for a nice contrast. I managed to create a small bit of depth of field, too, which is something I could use some more practice with. Overall, very pleased with this painting, although I have no where to hang it.
Hand painted leather skirt. Regular acrylic paint was used, as opposed to leather paint. After researching online, it seemed like there wasn’t much of a difference, so I went for what I already had on hand. This is an art piece for Novotny Artistry, but also a clothing article for Pins and Needles Boutique.
This is an old painting that never made it on this site, I guess. I think it’s because I can’t figure out how to get a good picture of it! About 3 feet tall. Acrylic on canvas. Check out the before and after picture! The revamp was after I’d gone to school and studied art! There’s still much room for improvement in some areas on the newer version, but quite a difference in skill!
Project Self-Sufficiency helped me accomplish many things throughout the years in regards to my education and empowering me to become a strong single parent. My son and I are even on their brochures! I’ve tried to give back to them whenever I can, including painting their new logo on the wall in each of two offices. I used an old projector to get the text on the wall. It was not easy!