Audrey 2 Plant Monster

Behold! My version of an “Audrey 2” plant monster. I started this as a Halloween decoration, but it turned into more of an art piece that will probably end up living amongst the plants in my living room. It was mostly made from things I had around the house. The styrofoam ball I used for the head has been sitting in my closet for years, just waiting for the perfect project. On the way to Joann’s for their floral department, I stopped by the thrift store beforehand and scored the perfect leaves, saving me money and reusing instead of buying new! The little babies were made from dollar store items. This was a very thrifty project! I love how it turned out; I’m actually a bit wary of putting it out on my patio for Halloween!

Pumpkin Patch

This is a 30″ x 40″ stretched canvas painted with acrylics. I really like the blue sky, it makes for a nice contrast. I managed to create a small bit of depth of field, too, which is something I could use some more practice with. Overall, very pleased with this painting, although I have no where to hang it.

Goth Mirror

Handpainted with an artificial flower arrangement attached to the side featuring black roses, purple spiders and black and silver striped curly cues that remind me of Nightmare Before Christmas.  I also added a wire spider web detail directly onto the mirror part. This was originally just a frame and I added the mirror.