Project Self-Sufficiency helped me accomplish many things throughout the years in regards to my education and empowering me to become a strong single parent. My son and I are even on their brochures! I’ve tried to give back to them whenever I can, including painting their new logo on the wall in each of two offices. I used an old projector to get the text on the wall.
Challenges: Looking back at this, there are methods that would have helped make the logo more precise, like just putting up a vinyl decal. I believe they wanted me to literally paint it as opposed to that to add a personal touch, though. As a perfectionist of my own work, I would have liked to receive feedback on this before I proceeded. Another set of eyes on a design goes a long way, and when we’re talking about large format, it gets expensive to paint, print and replace!